Anti Ageing Treatment in Gurgaon
Neurotoxin Injections & What You Need to Know
Are you young at heart but all wrinkled up? Maybe it’s time for you to look to cosmetic rejuvenation techniques that can truly reflect the young spirit that you are. Skin zest brings for you the best anti ageing treatment in Gurgaon to reduce these wrinkles.
About Wrinkles Formation
Facial wrinkles form when we use our muscles to make facial expressions. These expressions are referred to as ‘dynamic’ wrinkles i.e. temporary lines.Overtime these expressions form ‘static lines’ i.e permanent lines on our face which means they are wrinkles that are present even with no muscle movement. For example – We sometimes see people with a permanent frown on their forehead, they are actually not frowning but the muscles have got accustomed to the wrong expression. Dr. Noopur Jain offers the best anti ageing treatment in Gurgaon for individuals having facial lines formed due ageing process or hyper-functional muscles.
About Neurotoxin Injections
These injections contain a natural, purified protein that relaxes muscles, creating a rejuvenated appearance that is why it is considered to be an effective anti ageing treatment in Saket. In 1946, Schantz isolated neurotoxin type A in its crystalline formand in 1970, it was first used for strabismus and blepharospasm due to its property to paralyze muscles. In 1989, botulinum toxin got the Food and Drugs Administration′s (FDA) approval and is now used worldwide for therapeutic and cosmetic purposes, the quantity of the toxin used varying according to the size of the muscle and the desired action. Neurotoxin is produced by fermentation of the Hall Strain of Clostridium Botulinum type A, a Gram-negative, anaerobic bacterium. The growth medium contains casein hydrolysate, glucose and yeast extract. Dialysis purifies the toxin complex (neurotoxin and several accessory proteins) from the culture solution. Serologically, there are eight distinct types designated as A, B, C1, C2, D, E, F and G.
How It Works
Neurotoxin interfere with nerve-muscle conduction by inhibiting acetylcholine releases at the neuromuscular junction which leads to temporary paralysis of striated muscles which last for about 3 months Neurotoxin injections can be used to relax specific facial muscles that cause dynamic wrinkles. Thus the lines gradually smoothen and new lines are prevented from forming.
Areas on the Face that can be Treated
Neurotoxin is one of the best anti ageing treatment in Saket . It is done mainly to erase lines and ease deep expression lines in aesthetics. Here are a few uses of Neurotoxin-
- It’s used to slim the face
- Sharpen the jawline
- Ease frown lines
- Reduce lines like forehead lines, crows feet, etc.
- Lift your nose, reduce the flare of the nostrils
- Add pout to the lips
- Migraine headaches
- For excessive sweating on the face, scalp and underarms
- It works wonders for open pores and acne
- The more recent applications are for surgical scars, when injected around the scar it reduces the tissue tension and therefore leaves you with a super fine scar.
- It also works on keloids in combination with conventional treatments like intraregional steroids and hyaluronidase.
No change in Facial Expressions – The injections do not change facial expressions; they give a relaxed, rejuvenated and refreshed look.
How neurotoxin is injected?
Depending upon the size of the muscle and action required, the amount of Neurotoxin used varies in cosmetic use or other purposes. The small muscles of the face require 3-10 units depending on the bulk of the muscle. Usually < 100 units are used for cosmetic indications and 300-600 units for other indications.
The vial is to be stored in a freezer ≤ -5 o C. Once reconstituted, it is to be refrigerated at 2-8 o C. After reconstitution, Neurotoxin can be used for a month if kept refrigerated. The diluent, a sterile saline solution, is injected gently into the vial to avoid agitation or foaming as the toxin can get easily denatured. One hundred units are commonly diluted in 2-4 ml of diluent. Theoretically, more concentrated solutions reduce reliability in delivering a specific unit dose and more dilute solutions lead to greater diffusion of the toxin. Preferably, a 30-gauge needle is used for injection purposes.
When to expect results?
Within 3 days you may notice a softening in the appearance of your frown lines between your brows and it takes up to 7 days to see the full results. The area will continue to improve for up to a month.Results approximately lasts for 3 months
Possible Side-Effects – temporary as they resolve within a week or two weeks and localized to the area in which injection will be given . Some of them are
- Headache, burning or stinging at the time of injecting.
- Possible bruising or swelling at the injection site.
- Very rarely, eyebrow drooping or eyelid drooping is seen, but this is short term.
These include prior allergic reaction, injection into areas of infection or inflammation, pregnancy (Category C drug: safety for use during pregnancy has not been established) or lactation. Women who inadvertently were injected during pregnancy, this far have had uneventful deliveries and to date, no teratogenicity has been attributed to botulinum toxin. Relative contraindications include disorders of the neuromuscular junction, myasthenia gravis, Eaton Lambert syndrome and disorders with muscle weakness like multiple sclerosis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- Before and after the procedure avoid or discontinue the following medications – Ibuprofen/Aspirin, Ecosprin, and Vitamin E.
- Do not exercise or swim on the day of your treatment.
- Do not massage or manipulate the injected area for 48 hours after the treatment.
- Do not sleep, lift or bend for 4 hours after the treatment.
- Do not take steam or saunas or any facial treatment for at least 2 days after the treatment.
- You will need a follow-up session after 7 days, to assess the results. A touch-up session can be done on the same day.
- You will need a follow-up session after 4-8 months, please schedule a consultation before the treatment required.
Watch The Video :- https://youtu.be/fKAZjXCoFSE
Watch The Video :- https://youtu.be/3nkb-E89dYU
To know more about anti-ageing treatment in Gurgaon, please feel free to contact us.