Best Acne Treatment in Gurgaon
Acne is commonly known as pimples or zits. It is one of the most common problems faced not only by adolescents and teenagers but even by adults these days. It is primarily a condition affecting the hair follicle and the sebaceous gland or the oil-producing gland of the skin.
What causes acne?
There are several factors that can trigger or worsen acne, such as:
There can be several causes of acne, including:
- Excess oil secretion from the sebaceous glands
- Clogging of hair follicle openings by secretions and dead skin cells
- Infection by skin bacteria (P. acnes)
Those areas of the body rich in sebaceous glands are commonly affected by acne, such as the face, chest, upper back, and shoulders.
What are the types of acne?
Following are the types of acne as explained by Dr. Noopur Jain, the best acne specialist doctor in Gurgaon:
- Comedones – Comedones are nothing but blocked sebaceous glands in the skin. It is the first stage of acne. These are of 2 types- open comedones or blackheads and closed comedones or whiteheads. Due to the collection of secretions inside, the hair follicle wall bulges leading to a whitehead. If the plug is open, the secretions get oxidized and lead to the formation of a blackhead.
- Papules – These are inflamed comedones that are raised above the surface and slightly red in color.
- Pustules – When papules get infected by P. acnes bacteria, it leads to the formation of pustules. Pustules are bigger and more inflamed than papules and may even be painful.
- Nodules and cysts – These are the most severe form of acne with multiple thick nodules and cysts in the skin. This type usually leaves long-term repercussions on the skin in the form of acne scars.
What factors can trigger or worsen acne?
There are several factors that can trigger or worsen acne, such as:
- Genetics – Genetics can be a reason.
- Hormonal changes and imbalances- During puberty there is a sudden increase in androgens which causes an inverse production of the secretions from the sebaceous glands. Other than puberty physiological hormonal changes also occur during pregnancy and menopause because of which acne can occur.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome or PCOS is a common condition of the reproductive age group. (13y-40y), in which there are multiple cysts on the ovaries releasing various hormones. Acne is one of the common symptoms seen in PCOS.
- Certain medications. Examples include medicine containing corticosteroids, barbiturates, or lithium.
- Diet. Studies have shown that certain foods — including carbohydrate-rich foods, such as bread and chips and dairy intake — may worsen acne. This correlation is yet to be completely established.
- Stress. Stress can worsen pre-existing acne and delay the healing process
- The use of thick creams, moisturizers, and oils on the skin can physically block the glands and cause acne.
- Mask acne- mask acne is being commonly observed these days due to continuous wearing of dirty masks which leads to the collection of dirt and bacteria on the skin and blockage of our oil-producing glands
Complications of acne:
Untreated acne can leave long-term marks and scars on the skin even though the acne might have completely healed. These are known as post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, post-inflammatory erythema, pitted and depressed scars, or thick scars (keloids). Apart from the physical complications, acne is known to have a detrimental psychosocial impact also in the long term in the form of depression, social anxiety, impaired self-image, frustration, and anger.
Hence, it is extremely crucial to take appropriate treatment of the acne timely. If you are looking for best acne treatment in Gurgaon please feel free to visit Skinzest, best Skin clinic in Gurgaon.
How is acne treated?
Skinzest offers the best acne treatment in Gurgaon for all skin types. Formulation of an appropriate acne treatment plan requires expertise of an acne specialist doctor and consideration of many factors such as:
- Type and severity of acne
- Area of the skin that is affected
- Any previous treatments taken
- How old the acne is
- Age of the patient
- Presence of hormonal imbalances
Medical treatment for acne in Gurgaon
Depending upon the grade and severity of acne, your dermatologist will advise certain oral and topical medications to help treat your acne.
- Topical medications
Use of cleansers containing benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid. Topical gels containing ingredients like benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, retinoids and azelaic acid.
- Oral medications
Oral antibiotics; oral Vitamin A derivatives; sometimes Oral contraceptives are used to treat infected and severe acne
- Topical medications
- Chemical Peeling
Use of peels containing Glycolic acid, Salicylic acid, retinoids, acetic acid to help resolve acne quicker and reduce acne marks.
- Carbon laser
This involves the application of a Carbon paste followed by Q switched Nd Yag Laser. It helps in removing build-up oil secretions and bacteria from the sebaceous glands.
- Intralesional Steroid injections
This is done to resolve Acne cysts and nodules.
- Light therapy and lasers including blue light are safe and helpful to improve mild to moderate acne
- Chemical Peeling
Treatment of mild acne
If you are suffering from mild acne, we have got the best acne treatment in Gurgaon for you. Topical gels are usually sufficient to treat patients with mild acne says Dr. Noopur Jain, the best skin specialist in Gurgaon.
- Mild cleansers or cleansers containing benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid should be used to wash the affected area twice a day.
- The topical gels or lotions should be applied in a very thin layer on the affected areas rather than applying a large quantity and massaging it. Excess application or rubbing of the topical products may cause irritation of the skin and further aggravation of the acne.
- Some of the topical gels may cause initial dryness, but that’s partly how they work. The skin usually gets used to the dryness after few weeks.
- Use of thin non-comedogenic and gel moisturizers and sunscreen is recommended
- Avoid applying thick creams and oils on the acne-prone areas of the body
Treatment of moderately severe acne
For moderately severe acne, your dermatologist may advise you oral medications along with the topical agents as described above for a period of 2-4 months.
Oral medications may include:
- A course of antibiotics.
- Combined Oral contraceptive pills or oral antiandrogens
- Short-term use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents.
Treatment of severe acne
Skin zest offers the best acne treatment in Gurgaon to treat severe acne. Severe acne may require some in-clinic treatments along with oral and topical medications, as prescribed by dermatologists.
Skincare tips for acne-prone skin:
- Keep your skin clean. Wash your face with a cleanser twice daily and after excess sweating.
- Avoid touching your hands frequently especially with unclean hands
- Use non-comedogenic gel-based moisturizer and sunscreen
- Exfoliate every 2 weeks but avoid the use of physical exfoliants or scrubs
- Avoid applying thick creams, make-up products, and oils to the skin.
- Avoid picking on or scratching your acne
- Avoid eating excess fried foods, foods with high sugar content, and also reduce dairy intake.
- Avoid experimenting with DIY homemade anti-acne treatments
- Keep your scalp clean by shampooing regularly
- Be in regular touch with your Dermatologist
Mask Acne or Maskne Treatment in Gurgaon
Prolonged and continuous wearing of dirty or poor quality masks has started creating havoc for the skin. Mask acne or Maskne is a common side effect of wearing non breathable masks. This not only includes the development of acne or pimples but also redness, irritation, or rashes on the face that occurs due to the mask – , explains the best dermatologist in Gurgaon.
Causes of Maskne?
Maskne usually occurs due to the clogging of our pores by dirt, trapped oil, bacteria, and dead skin cells. Improper cleanliness under the masks also lead to the trapping of humidity and sweat which further leads to build-up of secretions and blocking of our glands. Friction due to continuous use of the mask further irritates the skin leading to chafing and redness. Some people are sensitive or allergic to the material of the face mask or to detergents used for washing the mask and end up with red rashes on the skin.
How to treat maskne?
Maskne should not stop you from wearing a mask. However, proper preventive measures and treatment for maskne can help reduce the occurrence.
Tips to prevent the occurrence of Maskne as per the acne specialist doctor in Gurgaon:
- Wash your face regularly with a gentle cleanser. Avoid cleansers that contain alcohol or perfumes or any harsh ingredients as they can disrupt the skin’s protective barrier. The face should be washed before wearing and immediately after removing the mask. Gently pat dry your skin with a clean towel and avoid rubbing your skin.
- Wear clean face masks. Wash your mask with mild detergents.
- Apply a layer of non-comedogenic moisturizer before wearing your mask. This helps keep the skin hydrated and also forms a barrier between the mask and your skin. You should also apply the moisturizer after removing your mask and cleansing the face.
- Avoid wearing makeup under the mask as many of the makeup products block pores and can worsen maskne.
- Choose the right mask that fits snugly, but isn’t too tight, has 2 or more layers of fabric, and is made up of natural soft fabric such as cotton. Avoid synthetic fabrics like rayon or nylon. Ensure wearing good quality or breathable fabrics mask.
- Disposable masks should be disposed of after every use.
- If your maskne is not improving or is getting worse, consult with your dermatologist so that timely treatment can be started to prevent the development of permanent marks and scars.
Body acne treatment in Gurgaon
Acne can occur on body parts other than the face such as the back, chest, and shoulders. If left untreated, this acne can also end with permanent spots and scars on your body.
How to prevent body acne
- Use washes or cleansers containing benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid
- Wear loose-fitting cotton clothes for workouts
- Shower and change clothes immediately after sweating
- Avoid applying thick oils or moisturizers that block the pores
- Avoid picking, rubbing, or scratching your acne
- Avoid friction by backpacks or anything that rubs the shoulders or back
For any further information or to book an appointment with the best skin specialist in Gurgaon please feel free to contact us at [email protected].
To know more about acne treatment cost in Gurgaon, please feel free to visit us.