Moles are small spots that are usually seen on sun-exposed areas of the body like the face, chest, arms and legs. They can be present from birth or appear later in life. Moles can be of various sizes and shapes and sizes and can be benign or cancerous.
At Skinzest, each mole is treated differently according to the size, site, age and other factors. Dr. Ankit performs mole excision with such precision and accuracy that it is almost impossible to tell post procedure if there was any mole at all at the site.
Although the majority of moles are benign, certain changes in the mole warrant further evaluation. Following are the ABCDEs of melanoma:
- Asymmetry – moles that are not cancerous typically have symmetry between the two halves
- Border – benign moles typically have a well-defined, even border
- Color – most benign moles are all a single, uniform color
- Diameter – the size of the mole is also important, as non-suspicious moles are usually smaller
- Evolving – moles that change size, shape or color over time should be checked by your doctor
People usually opt for mole removal for cosmetic or medical reasons such as constant rubbing at the mole site leading to pain or other symptoms.
Mole removal at Skinzest offers a variety of benefits:
- Great in knowing the lesion is gone cosmetic results
- The uncomfortable rubbing sensation is gone
- The procedure is quiet quick and comfortable, with little or no disruption of your daily activities.