Best Hair Fall Treatment in Gurgaon
Skinzest offers the best Hair Fall Treatment in Gurgaon for all your hair concerns. Hair loss, also known as alopecia, is a very common problem faced by people. Itcan affect only the scalp or other body hair as well. Hair loss can be due to various causes and can be temporary or permanent.
Best Hair Loss Treatment in Gurgaon
Skinzest offers the best and most effective hair loss treatment in Gurgaon to the one’s facing severe hair fall concerns and wish to get their hair back. Many people face severe hair loss problems and their hair follicles stop growing. Since there are many types of hair loss, finding the right cause can sometimes be difficult. Let us understand some common causes of hair loss.
Causes of hair loss
- Hereditary hair loss
Also known as Androgenetic alopecia or Patterned hair loss, can affect both men and women. This occurs due to attachment of hormones with their receptors at the level of the hair follicles. This attachment leads to gradually thinning of the hair which eventually completely stops growing. This process can start in the early teens or later in adult life. This is a genetically driven process meaning it usually runs in families.In males it usually starts as a gradually receding frontal hairline or gradual thinning at the top of the head. Whereas, in women, it presents with a gradual widening of the middle parting.
As we age, our hair growth tends to slow down and after a point, the follicles stop growing. This leads to thinning of our hair. The hair tends to lose colour also with age.
- Alopecia areata
Alopecia areata is an autoimmune condition in which the body starts producing antibodies against its own hair follicles. This attachment of the autoantibodies with the hair follicles leads to hair loss in patches. Alopecia areata can affect any part of the body like scalp, eyebrows, eyelashes or body hair. This usually occurs as a sudden and patchy hair loss. This condition can be confined to just 1 or 2 patches or may even affect the whole body when it is known as Alopecia universalis. Recovery depends upon various factors such as Age, genetics, associated conditions, duration of the disease etc.
- Cancer treatment
Cancer treatment in the form of Chemotherapy or Radiotherapy may lead to hair loss within a few weeks to months. However, hair usually regrows within months of stopping the therapies.
- Telogen effluvium
This type of hair loss usually occurs 2-3 months post any stressful event. Classical example is post partum hair fall, in which there is noticeable hair fall that occurs 2-3 months post delivery. It is also seen after any kind of physical illness, trauma, physical or emotional stress, crash dieting, dietary deficiencies etc. It occurs due to temporary shutting down of hair follicles during the stressful event, which usually normalises as the body recovers.
- Hair colouring or other treatments
The use of hair colour, straightening or other heat and chemical treatments damage the protein of the hair. This leads to hair breakage and hair loss.
- Tractional Alopecia
This kind of hair loss occurs due to tight pulling and tying of hair at the back. When we pull and tie our hair at the back tightly, it leads to permanent loss of hair from the front.
- Hormonal imbalance
Hormonal imbalances in the body, most commonly seen in Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or PCOS, is also a common cause for hair loss. In PCOS, the ovaries are studded with multiple follicles which release various hormones. These hormones cause different symptoms one of which is hair loss.
Scalp infections such as fungal infections or folliculitis can lead to inflammation and hair loss.
Certain medications can also cause hair loss. The decision to continue discontinue any suspected medication should be taken after detailed discussion with the doctor who had prescribed the medication. This is usually a reversible hair loss that improves after stopping the culprit medication.
- Scalp conditions
Certain dermatological conditions such as Lichen Planus, Psoriasis etc may also lead to temporary or permanent hair loss.
- Trichotillomania or hair pulling
Trichotillomania is a psychiatric condiution in which the patient tends to pull his or own hair, often to relieve stress. This can lead to permanent baldness if treatment is not started timely.
- Scarring alopecia
Scarring or cicatricial alopecia refers to permanent hair loss. This can occur due to various medical and dermatological conditions in which there is inflammation that leads to permanent destruction of the hair follicles.
- Thyroid disease
Thyroid hormone imbalances are an important cause for hair loss.
- Frictional alopecia
This occurs due to constant friction such as by wearing caps on the scalp or wearing socks on the legs.
TREATMENT OF HAIR LOSS
Skinzest offers the best hair loss treatment in Saket to get rid of all hair problems. Treatment depends on the cause of your hair loss.
- In cases of Telogen Effluvium or where the loss is due to stress or pregnancy, recovery occurs even without any treatment. The hair loss usually stops on its own within a few months. Intake of vitamins and minerals important for hair growth will help in quicker recovery.
- Hair loss due to tight pony tails or chemical and heat treatments would require stopping the said treatments or keeping the hair loose.
- Hair loss due to nutritional deficiencies such as that of Iron, Vitamin D or Vitamin B12 requires supplementation of these for prolonged time with regular monitoring of their blood levels.
- Minoxidil- it is a USFDA approved drug that is known to improve hair loss and cause hair regrowth. It is available in 2%,5% and 10% strengths. Dose and method of application is advised by treating Dermatologist.
- Low level Laser therapy in the form of Laser comb and Laser caps are also available which have shown to improve hair growth
Other medications – These have been tried in various studies but have not been approved yet for use in Hair loss.
- Prostaglandin analogs
- Hair transplant: Hair transplant is an option for treatment for those patients in which permanent or irreversible hair loss has occurred. In this hair follicles are taken from the back of the head and transplanted to the areas of baldness.
- Hair Re-Growth Factor: This involves injection of growth factors into the scalp to boost hair growth. It is a safe and effective treatment for those cases in which irreversible hair loss has still not occurred.
- Mesotherapy: This involves injection of growth factor rich synthetic chemicals into the scalp.
- Microneedling: This can be done with or without application of minoxidil or other growth factor solutions.
Prevention of hair loss:
- Regular and gentle cleansing of the scalp with a gentle shampoo and conditioner. It should be done every alternate days or everyday if the scalp is oily.
- Us a broad toothed comb or detangler to avoid excess trauma while combing
- Limit use of hair dryers and other chemicals on the hair
- Air dry or gently pat dry your hair as soon as you are out of the shower
- Protect your hair from UV exposure
- Avoid smoking
- Take a high protein diet
- Take regular supplements as advised by your doctor
To know more about Hair fall treatment in Saket, please feel free to contact us.