Best Laser Hair Removal in Gurgaon
Skinzest offers the best laser hair removal in Gurgaon which is a permanent solution to the unwanted hair for both men and women. The treatment offers freedom from the regular waxing and shaving of legs, arms, facial hair etc. At Skinzest Hair Clinic, we offer our expert consultation before suggesting the procedure to our patients. For laser hair reduction in Gurgaon at Skinzest, we have advanced laser machines which are suitable for several skin tones and hair textures.
Laser hair reduction in Gurgaon
Laser hair reduction in Gurgaon is a medical treatment in which a laser beam which is a concentrated beam of light is used to remove unwanted facial or body hair.
During the laser hair reduction procedure, a laser machine emits light which is absorbed by the dark pigment called melanin in the hair. This light energy then gets converted into heat energy which damages the hair follicles, eventually inhibiting or delaying the process of hair growth from the follicle.
Although lasers work best on people with light skin and dark hair, with the latest technological advancements, the treatment can be safely and successfully done on all skin types. To get an effective reduction in the hair growth multiple sessions are required in the initial phase which may be followed by maintenance sessions later.
What areas can be treated with Laser Hair Reduction?
Laser Hair Reduction in Saket can be done for the whole body. The common areas treated include face, arms, underarms, legs and bikini area. The areas that should be avoided while doing laser hair reduction treatment are:
- areas which have very fine hair
- tanned skin
- skin with a compromised epidermal barrier
How does it work?
Laser works on the basic principle of photothermolysis. The laser beam detects the chromophore (melanin) of the hair follicle and damages that. There is minimal damage to the surrounding tissues due to the property of selective photothermolysis.
Laser treatment is less effective for hair colors such as white, golden, gray, red or blond as these colors do not absorb the laser light well.
What are the side effects of Laser Hair Reduction treatment?
Post laser side effects depend upon the treated skin type, hair color, parameters used, pre-treatment and post-treatment care compliance by the patient. The most common side effects are:
- Skin irritation. Slight itching or redness or discomfort is common post laser treatment. It is usually temporary and subsides within a few hours.
- Pigmentary changes. There may be temporary or permanent pigmentary changes in the treated skin.
- Blistering or scarring. There may be blistering or scarring post laser treatment which is very rare.
How can you prepare for Laser hair reduction treatment?
- Opt for your laser hair reduction treatment only at a qualified and board certified dermatologist’s clinic. Results and safety of treatment depend upon the treatment technique and the machine being used. Opt for a US FDA approved laser hair reduction device. Avoid getting it done at spas or salons or similar places where non-medical staff handles the treatment.
- Inform your treating doctor about your medical history, history of any skin disorders or past treatments.
- Discuss about the risks, benefits, expectations and cost of the treatment in detail.
- Your doctor will take pre-procedure photographs of the treatment area before starting the treatment.
- Pre procedure you will be asked to avoid- prolonged sun exposure.
How many sessions are required?
Laser hair reduction in Saket usually requires 6 to 10 sessions to get 80-90% reduction in the hair growth. If there are underlying hormonal imbalances then the number of sessions may be more. The interval between 2 sessions usually varies from 4-8 weeks depending upon the hair growth. With each session there is a considerable reduction in the density and thickness of the growth. The growth also tends to get lighter, finer and slower with each session.
Special protective goggles are given to wear for protecting your eyes from the laser beam. An assistant might shave the site again if necessary. The laser treatment is virtually painless but the doctor may apply a topical anesthetic (a numbing cream) on the target area before the treatment to reduce any discomfort.
What are the steps involved in this procedure?
- Treatment area is marked and thoroughly cleansed.
- Pre-procedure photographs are taken.
- Area is shaved with a razor.
- You will be asked to wear eye protection goggles before starting the laser.
- Cooling gel is applied on the treatment area.
- The laser machine is then moved on the skin. The heat from the laser beam damages the hair follicles. You might feel slight discomfort, such as a pinprick.
- After the procedure is over, the area is cleaned.
- Post-procedure creams are applied on the treated area.
Time required for the procedure depends upon the area being treated. It can vary from 10-15 minutes for areas like the upper lips to 2-3 hours for the whole body.
Post procedure care:
There may be slight redness or swelling in the treated area which usually subsides in a few hours.
Your treating doctor may advise some medicated creams to take care of any reactions that occur post laser. You will be advised to avoid prolonged sun exposure, hot water, excessive sweating and rubbing and scrubbing over the treated areas for a few days post procedure.
Once the laser is done, you may experience small hair growing in the next few days. This is the part of the hair that is inside the skin that comes out once the follicle is destroyed. This usually sheds off on its own in the next few days or can be easily removed by gently pulling with a tweezer. Actual growth usually comes after 4-6 weeks.
Results vary from person to person and depend upon various factors such as- age, hormones, color of hair, density of hair etc. For most of the people satisfactory results are achieved by 6 to 10 sessions lasting for several months to years. However, some people do require a maintenance session once every few months.
ADVANTAGES OF LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- Laser hair removal in Saket is widely accepted and proven treatment for the removal of unwanted facial and body hair.
- It is safe, quick and effective with long lasting results.
- The treatment is mostly painless and is suited for various skin tones and hair textures.
- Laser hair removal in Saket is a nearly permanent hair removal solution. About 60-95% of targeted hair is permanently removed after the treatment course.
- It is an effective treatment for ingrown hair as well.
TREATMENT COURSE AND COURSE INTERVALS:
The sessions during the treatment course are spaced at four-to-eight weeks of intervals. Each hair has its own growth cycle, so several sessions are required to target all the hair. Within two weeks of a session, the active hair start to fall out.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER EACH SESSION?
Some redness and in some instances a heat rash is experienced after a session. This generally subsides the same day. Direct sun exposure is to be avoided after each session and use of sun-block is advised. Adequate icing is also recommended to soothe the target area, which can help bring down the redness. The doctor may recommend a post laser regimen consisting of creams and other medication.
To know more about Laser hair removal in Gurgaon, please feel free to contact us.