Dermal Fillers in Gurgaon
Skin Aging Process
Hyaluronic acid normally present in the skin ,ligaments ,bones but as age increases the hyaluronic acid (HA) content in the skin decreases, reducing its capacity to stay moist and supple. In addition to this, oil producing glands become less active, making the skin dry. Overtime, skin also loses fat and as a result, its youthful glow and smoothness get diminished.
About Dermal Fillers
Fillers contain HA which is a form of natural sugar that our body produces routinely. HA fillers are the most preferred form of dermal fillers due to their efficacy and safety quotient. Dermal fillers in Gurgaon are substances used in soft tissue augmentation to enhance or replace volume that is lost in any part of the skin or subcutaneous fat. Fillers form an effective tool in rejuvenation, either as a stand-alone treatment or in combination with other procedures such as Laser resurfacing or botulinum toxin. The use of dermal fillers in Gurgaon in soft tissue augmentation is undergoing a renaissance period with many new filler materials appearing in the market. The practice of soft tissue augmentation was started by Neuber in 1893, who took fat from the arms and transplanted it into facial defects. In 1899, paraffin was used and was later given up due to foreign body granulomas. In the 1940s and 1950s, silicone was used extensively until the commissioner of the US-Food and Drug Administration (US-FDA) declared the use of injectable silicone to be illegal. The field of soft-tissue augmentation underwent a revolutionary change in the early 1970s when researchers-at Stanford University worked on the use of animal and human collagen as implant materials. The search for an ideal, permanent dermal filler is still ongoing and no single currently available filler meets all expectations of the physician.
Benefits of Dermal Fillers
- Dermal fillers essentially enhance the facial beauty of a person. They are used for
- Smoothening nasolabial (smile lines) folds for a youthful look.
- Shaping lips to make them look more luscious and beautiful.
- Shaping cheeks by making the cheekbones look higher and more chiselled.
- Shaping the jaw line .
- Smoothening the skin under the eyes to reduce signs of aging .
Areas Treated with Dermal Filler
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Tear trough/Nose shaping/Cheek shaping.
- Nasolabial folds/ lip volumising and reshaping/chin reshaping/mental crease/jaw line shaping.
- Facial deformities
- Depressed scars
- Breast, buttock augmentation
- Periocular melanoses, sunken eyes
- Dermatological diseases-angular cheilitis, scleroderma, AIDS lipoatrophy
- Earlobe plumping, earring ptosis
- Hand, neck, dιcolletι rejuvenation
How It Works
- When injected into the skin layers, it fills up the space and does away with the imperfections of the skin, caused due to aging.
- Length of procedure – It takes about 15-30 minutes.
- Effectiveness for atleast a year – There are different fillers available in the market which will give effects of varying duration, but the minimum duration for its effectiveness is between 10 and 12 months.
Procedure The area to be injected and the surrounding skin with antiseptic.
Anesthesia (Patient comfort technique) may be needed in certain situations and in sensitive patients. Dental block (infraorbital) is preferred for lips and nasolabial folds.
Injection Different techniques such as layering, tunneling, serial puncture and cross-hatching have been described. The choice of the technique depends on the physician. Volumes of injection at different sites; however, this would vary depending on the depth of the fold / line / defect.
Postprocedural Precautions and Advice
- Avoid exposure to extreme cold or heat
- Avoid massaging treated areas for six hours
- Avoid strenuous physical activity for six hours
- Sleep with the head elevated for one night
- Pain medication can be taken if needed
- Resume skin care products such as retinoids, alphahydroxy acids the day after the procedure.
Complications are infrequentand usually minor; usually, permanent and long-term fillers have greater risk for complications. These include:
4. Asymmetry, bumpiness, lumpiness
7. Acneiform eruptions
1. Inflammatory nodule
2. Tyndall effect
3. Allergic reactions
4. Vascular occlusion
Why one should go for a dermal filler?
In a short span of time, Dermal fillers in Saket have come to play an important role in the nonsurgical management of ageing skin. The technique is a safe, simple and effective modality, when used by a properly trained physician. Proper knowledge of the anatomy of the area of injection, aesthetic sense and proper patient selection will give you a refreshed and relatively a younger look.
Why choose fillers?
Did you know that there are many visible signs of aging that one can trace to losing volume? When we seefacial tissues thinning out,lines are etched around the mouth and the cheeks start to look hollow. Dermal fillers in Saket help in replenishing the lost volume to smooth out the wrinkles to restore a more youthful appearance.
There are many skin issues that dermal fillers can help in addressing:
- Make your eyes look less tired.
- Restore volume to sunken cheeks or temples.
- Plump up thin lips.
- Smooth out chin creases.
- Give you a well sculpted jawline
What to expect immediately after treatment?
The treatment is non-invasive with virtually no recovery time necessary; you can resume your normal activities soonafter treatment. However, there are a few things that you may experience after treatment.
- Swelling or redness around treated areas which could range from mild to severe.
- Temporary numbness
- Hardness around injection sites.
Avoid touching, rubbing or manipulating the treated areas for at least six hours after treatment. Also, make sure to avoid direct sunlight, aggressive exercise, and heat exposure for 1-3 days while also avoiding submerging the treated area under water for a day or two. The filler treatment may take about 2-3 weeks to settle.
Types of Skin Fillers
Juvéderm XC/ Juvéderm Voluma/Volift/Volbella
This type of dermal filler is used to reduce the sagginess in the mid face such as areas around the cheeks and lips. Voluma is used for lifting the mid face and for sculpting the jawline whereas Volift and Volbella are used for correcting the under eye hollowness and for plumping up the lips.
The Restylane is another type of non-surgical filler. It helps in plumping the lips and reducing the lines around it. The Restylane family comprises of fillers such as Restylane silk, Restylane-L, Restylane Lyft, Restylane Defyne etc. It is a US FDA approved filler.
Unlike most of the fillers, Perlane is completely prepared from hyaluronic acid synthesized in the body. It helps to remove the wrinkles and lines from the cheeks.
Radiesse is the costliest type of filler available but has the advantage that is acts very quickly in the skin. It helps to stimulate the natural collagen in your body..